The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is home to a thriving and top-ranked innovation economy.
Our roster of leading technology companies, academic institutions, incubators, entrepreneurs, and researchers make Massachusetts one of the best places in the U.S. to start a business, develop your revolutionary idea, or launch a new technology.
This mix of top assets has placed Massachusetts at the top of numerous independent rankings, including:
Investing in Innovation
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts is continuing to invest in innovation, supporting projects that will boost emerging tech sectors and keep Massachusetts a global leader in the development of new, cutting edge technologies. Discover how these projects support the Massachusetts innovation economy and learn how your company can become a partner in these projects:
- Supporting Advanced Manufacturing through the M2I2 Initiative;
- Investing in cutting-edge R&D infrastructure and research partnerships between leading private-sector tech companies & Massachusetts research institutions;
- Leading the Massachusetts Digital Health Initiative and the development of tech at the nexus of healthcare & technology;
- Investing in Rural Broadband expansion, delivering connectivity to unserved towns; and
- Developing in-depth research on the Commonwealth's world-class Robotics Cluster.
Interested in moving your company to Massachusetts?
Visit our Business Assistance page to uncover state resources or to connect with a member of our program team.